Principal Scientist, Biology
Vice President, Biology
|Erasca is a San Diego based biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing precision medicines for the benefit of patients with cancer. We are advancing multiple programs targeting biological drivers of cancer and are pursuing additional pipeline expansion opportunities through academic and biopharmaceutical collaborations. Our programs, currently focused on innovative discovery research, take novel approaches to shutting down certain oncogene drivers of solid tumor malignancies. The name “Erasca” has an important embedded meaning: it is a contraction of our audacious hope to “erase cancer” that drives our mission and everything that we do on behalf of patients with cancer.
The Principal Scientist plays both a team or subteam lead role and a scientific investigator role to make significant contributions to help drive and support development of Erasca’s assets and effectively translate innovative ideas into clinical activities. Also responsible for independently leading and contributing to studies in the areas of cancer biology and signal transduction including elucidation of mechanisms of action of Erasca’s pre-clinical/clinical assets, discovery and validation of biomarkers for clinical translation and potential identification of new therapeutic targets.
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities:|
|· Propose, design and execute decision-making experiments to address aspects of basic and translational biology of drug targets, molecular pathways & mechanisms, and relevance to human cancers.
· Collaborate closely and work in multi-disciplinary teams with other members of Erasca’s R&D teams and our external partners to ensure meeting aggressive project deliverables.
· Establish and utilize appropriate preclinical models to study target and pathway biology, mechanism of action and drug-target interaction.
· Significantly contribute to the identification of potential patient population/responders by studying target expression, drug sensitivity and resistance and predictive biomarkers.
· Establish and manage high-value external collaborations.
· Present data and research outcome to internal stake holders and external scientific and medical communities (including oral presentations, posters and research articles).
· Perform all duties in keeping with the Company’s core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
|Required Education and Experience:|
|· BS with 14+ years, MS with 12+ years or PhD with 7+ years preferably in Cancer Genetics or Cancer Biology or related field with industry experience.
· Track record in leading oncology discovery and development projects in either academic or biotech setting preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills.
· Ability to succeed in an agile, fast-paced and collaborative biotech environment.
· Advanced training in contemporary scientific disciplines with an emphasis on cancer research. Deep knowledge of cellular and molecular tumor biology.
· Proficiency in conventional techniques in molecular biology, cell biology and genetics
· Proficiency with both cell-based assays and in vivo pre-clinical models.
Erasca, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of sex, race, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.