Research Associate / Sr. Research Associate, Biology
Principal Scientist, Biology
Erasca is a San Diego based biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing precision medicines for the benefit of patients with cancer. We are advancing multiple programs targeting biological drivers of cancer and are pursuing additional pipeline expansion opportunities through academic and biopharmaceutical collaborations. Our programs, currently focused on innovative discovery research, take novel approaches to shutting down certain oncogene drivers of solid tumor malignancies. The name “Erasca” has an important embedded meaning: it is a contraction of our audacious hope to “erase cancer” that drives our mission and everything that we do on behalf of patients with cancer.
This position will be responsible for executing technical and laboratory activities that support the biology programs. The key member will contribute to studies in the area of oncology, biochemistry, signal transduction, and cancer biology providing support for both in vitro and in vivo laboratory activities.
|Essential Duties & Responsibilities:|
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Create, execute, and troubleshoot protocols for new lab workflows
· Conduct tissue culture, including characterization and development of mammalian cell lines
· Conduct biochemical assays that will support compound screening efforts
· Conduct mammalian cell transfection and/or viral infection experiments
· Execute immunoassays, including ELISA and western blot
· Provide support to in vivo pharmacology group when necessary
· Communicate experimental strategies and results to peers and executives
Perform all duties in keeping with the Company’s core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
|Required Education and Experience:|
· Excellent communication/interpersonal skills/problem solving abilities
· Highly organized, self-directed, and detail oriented
· Motivated to work in a team at a dynamic and growing oncology company
Erasca, Inc, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of sex, race, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.