Sr. Scientist, Chemistry
The Sr. Scientist, Chemistry will play a vital role in the discovery of novel, proprietary clinical candidates to consolidate ERASCA into a leader drug discovery oncology company on behalf of cancer patients. Using a range of chemistry techniques, primarily synthetic organic chemistry, structure-based drug design and data analysis tools, you’ll design and create new pharmaceutically active molecules to combat a particular disease or condition.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Contribute to the design and conduct synthesize in the lab of targeted molecules
2. Undertake data analysis to assess the results of experiments and the characterize the molecules produced
3. Write up experiments accurately
4. Collaborates closely with other functional areas such as computational chemistry, biology, DMPK, pharmacology and toxicology to collect, analyze and interpret data related to the projects of interest.
5. Use computational techniques and crystallography data to model and design new molecules
6. Presents frequently all or parts of these data to other project team members as well as the rest of the company, with transparency and clarity.
7. Involved in the management of CRO activities and contractual relationship.
8. Maintains laboratory equipment in good condition and promotes common safe work environment practices
9. Represents the company externally in scientific meetings and congresses
10. Stays current by reading and learning about the multidisciplinary field of drug discovery
Perform all duties in keeping with the Company’s core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
1. PhD in synthetic organic chemistry and 1-2 years of postdoctoral experience. During this time the candidate must have demonstrated ability to independently carry out original research work and tackle outstanding scientific problems by finding creative solutions in a timely fashion. The quality of this doctoral/postdoctoral will be reflected in publications in peer-reviewed high impact journals
2. The candidate must have a successful track record of advancing at least one program from hit to lead candidate
3. At least 2-4 years of drug discovery experience
4. 70% of lab work required
1. Experience with structure-based drug design
2. Able to work in a collaborative environment, usually within a small multi-disciplinary project team
DIRECT REPORTS (TITLES ONLY):
• None at this time
• Frequent communication (talking/hearing).
• Regular sitting and reaching with arms.
• Regular walking and standing.
• Vision requirements include: close, distance, peripheral, color and depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• May work near moving/mechanical parts or in a laboratory setting with chemicals and in areas requiring personal protective equipment.
• May work in wet or humid conditions, near moving or mechanical parts, heights or precarious places, fumes or airborne particles (with appropriate respiratory protection), toxic or caustic chemicals (with appropriate body and respiratory protection), outdoors, and brief exposures to cold and/or freezing conditions (with appropriate garments).
• Computer use: 60% of the time.
• Noise conditions: Normal office environment and laboratory environment.
• May require up to 20 % including international.
Apply at email@example.com