Sr. Scientist, Chemistry
The Sr. Scientist, Chemistry will play a vital role in advancing Erasca’s mission to erase cancer in patients. By discovering novel, proprietary clinical candidates, you will help transform Erasca into a leading drug discovery oncology company. Using a range of chemistry techniques, primarily synthetic organic chemistry, structure-based drug design and data analysis tools, you’ll design and create new pharmaceutically active molecules to combat cancer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Contribute to the design of targeted therapies and synthesize molecules in the lab.
Undertake data analysis to assess the results of experiments and characterize the synthesized molecules.
Accurately and diligently report experimental findings.
Collaborate closely with other functional areas such as computational chemistry, biology, DMPK, pharmacology and toxicology to collect, analyze and interpret data related to key projects.
Use computational techniques and crystallography data to model and design new molecules.
Present frequently on all or parts of the generated data to other project team members as well as the rest of the company, with transparency and clarity.
Be involved in the management of CRO activities and contractual relationships.
Represent the company externally in scientific meetings and congresses.
Actively contribute to Erasca’s continuous learning environment by staying current on the multidisciplinary field of drug discovery.
Maintain laboratory equipment in good condition and promote common safe work environment practices.
Perform all duties in keeping with Erasca’s core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- PhD in synthetic organic chemistry and 1-2 years of postdoctoral experience. During this time the candidate must have demonstrated ability to independently carry out original research work and tackle outstanding scientific problems by finding creative solutions in a timely fashion. The quality of these doctoral and postdoctoral positions will be reflected in publications in peer-reviewed, high impact journals
- Successful track record of advancing at least one program from hit to lead candidate
- At least 2-4 years of drug discovery experience
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, usually within a small multi-disciplinary project team
- Experience with structure-based drug design
- Frequent communication (talking/hearing).
- Regular sitting and reaching with arms.
- Regular walking and standing.
- Vision requirements include: close, distance, peripheral, color and depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May work near moving/mechanical parts or in a laboratory setting with chemicals and in areas requiring personal protective equipment.
- May work in wet or humid conditions, near moving or mechanical parts, heights or precarious places, fumes or airborne particles (with appropriate respiratory protection), toxic or caustic chemicals (with appropriate body and respiratory protection), outdoors, and brief exposures to cold and/or freezing conditions (with appropriate garments).
- Laboratory work: 70% of the time.
- Noise conditions: Normal office environment and laboratory environment.
- May require up to 20% travel, including international.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org